Where did everyone go?

BJJ223

This board is absolutely dead. Several years back, it was a good source of information and discussion. Now, not so much. I don't see any of the familiar names.

Possibilities:

1. Everyone stopped duck hunting.

There were about 20 people at Wister Wednesday. Yes. It is early in the season and very slow. But, dang.

2. Everyone went to a different Waterfowl board.

I looked around. I didn't see evidence of this.

3. Everyone left this sh*thole of a communist pit of h*ll state for free America.

P.S. I know I won't get any answers to these questions because no one is left on this board.

Welcome back! Most of the above. Hoping they'll filter back now that the site is being upgraded. Some were having login difficulties with the old software. For those of you who were, try logging in again and if you still have difficulties contact JasonH, the administrator (hey! Jason's a ducker too!) Also, remember, if you change your password don't let your computer auto-fill the old one when you login.

GUNDOGLOVER

Well I know where lots of them are, I frequent both forums and a lot of users on other forum are using same member names they used or are using on TOF. I'll see a topic here that will soon pop up over there or vice vs.

goose gobbler

I think it’s actually option 4. I know quite a few people who stopped posting because they would get hammered for it. I personally received messages from people on here. They would be upset because wister would be empty. Birds would show, people have good hunts and post pics. Next hunt day wister would be crowded. I personally disagree that posting pics is the problem. It may be a factor but that’s an entirely different story.

GUNDOGLOVER

Don't know why GOSTERK all the sudden is showing up. I have always been GUNDOGLOVER. Started when new format showed up. How do I change t back?

I think it’s actually option 4. I know quite a few people who stopped posting because they would get hammered for it. I personally received messages from people on here. They would be upset because wister would be empty. Birds would show, people have good hunts and post pics. Next hunt day wister would be crowded. I personally disagree that posting pics is the problem. It may be a factor but that’s an entirely different story.
Yeah, its unfortunate that folks get possessive about refuges, but I imagine that happens on other forums as well. I think a bigger issue was that the old software started breaking down and people got frustrated. New members couldn't sign up and members couldn't reset a forgotten password because the reCaptcha stopped working. The great news is that is all in the past now. Jason is still tweaking some settings, but the software is state of the art and Jason is a pro, so post with confidence.

fish dog

THIS^^^
If someone said or posted pictures or just about anything about Wister (7,000 acres) or San Jacinto (10,000 acres) they were labeled a spot burner and got all kinds of crap even though those two places are about it for Southern California unless you can afford a club or have the time to scout out one of the rare public land places there are.

Zach

Comedian in training, at least on the internet
THIS^^^
If someone said or posted pictures or just about anything about Wister (7,000 acres) or San Jacinto (10,000 acres) they were labeled a spot burner and got all kinds of crap even though those two places are about it for Southern California unless you can afford a club or have the time to scout out one of the rare public land places there are.
SSDF

OK, I am curious. You're saying this does not happen on other forums, often forums used by the same people? How do they tamp that down? Every time we tried, it turned into a big deal with lots of hurt butts.

Jasonh

Administrator
OK, I am curious. You're saying this does not happen on other forums, often forums used by the same people? How do they tamp that down? Every time we tried, it turned into a big deal with lots of hurt butts.
Usually, the snowflakes leave and go hide at another site but still read. Using the ignore option has worked well on other forums. If someone is harassing another through private messages they get banned.

These are the rules we've ran with on BD for 11 years and it works. Hands off is the best option but using the ban button is a great option that usually resets the whole situation.

We are a very relaxed forum. Community shaped...
Anything that shows Dicks, lips, or tits is NOT OKAY on BD. Many people view this site from work.
No Politics. They are the best way to divide a community...
No kids under 13 are allowed to register on the site. Please pay attention to what your kids are viewing on the internet.
Personal threats get you banned.
Harassment gets you banned.
Arguing with a moderator gets you banned.
SPAM gets you banned.
Duplicate accounts to mess with people get you banned. (yes we can tell there are lots of tools for the forum software that we use)
Anything slanderous or libel gets removed when a mod sees it.
We discourage BASHING. Most get closed or deleted.
We do not fuck around. If removed from the website it is an IP ban at the router. BD is in-network with many other fishing websites that also log IP's of users...

Being 130K+ members vs 20 mods we expect the community to moderate its self.
Use the report post button under the avatar to report a post that goes to the moderators. Reporting can be for "please make sticky", "please remove", "hey this is against bd rules", "check out this chick!", etc...
Mods are not here to babysit. They are here to help organize and keep Bloodydecks LLC out of legal trouble...

Skeet

buck feaver
I'm still here and have to say you post up limits of ducks and geese there will be 60 extra I tenet hunters show up next hunt day. To each their own do what you want but I see it as they are mooching off others gas money and time I stead of doing fir oneself

BJJ223

Okay. Option 4 makes sense. I want to go on record and say last Wednesday at Wister sucked. No birds at all. Hopefully, that should keep everyone at home. I have no pics because I shot 0 ducks.

I am actually telling the truth.

wiggie

THIS^^^
Dude you’re just a spammer with your blog. You are the Ultimate spot burner and can’t kill more then 2 ducks a year. Why don’t you concentrate on becoming a better hunter and learn how to not ruin a good thing

hatchet1

100% AMERICAN & LION KILLER!!!!!
Im headed to wister and san j after reading this...look out duckers..lloyd and i coming in hot!!! He gettin a little long in the tooth...poor old man is a short timer im aftaid..gonna be a really sad day..20191105_072610.jpg

hatchet1

100% AMERICAN & LION KILLER!!!!!
And hot damn i can log and post pics agaim!! I have days of crap to post..days!! Been a busy year for hatch inc.